Monday, November 1, 2010

I have been paying on a debt to American Express (charge off)?

I have been paying on a debt to American Express (charge off)?
I have been paying $100.00 dollars a month or more directly to them online. Allied Interstate contacted me and said they had the debt since 2006. Said I should be making payments to them. I stated I have heard nothing from you and have been making direct payments to AE. They said they contacted me back in Nov 2006. I said yes you did, and I paid the amount you asked for and since have been paying directly to AE with the balance going down monthly. They said you should have been paying us. I then said then why is AE excepting money from me. They said because they can not turn it down, but now you must pay us. What should I do. It seems to me that AE would have locked me out from paying them if Allied had the account. But AE accepted a payment from me today. What do you think I should do?
Credit - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Keep paying AE and simply ignore Allied. Let AE settle with Allied since it was the original debtor.
2 :
i would get the stories straight..then look through the documents and payments and anything that you received from American Express and Allied..if Allied calls you again you can back up your payment with exact dates,payments,etc vs.just confirming that you made the payment..keep on paying the American Express bill and get to zero on your balance.if this gets out of hand and you have to pay two co.'s payments you need to take drastic measures!just go on with your routine of payments..hope that helped
3 :
I would check into getting a 1 time settlement negotiated with Allied.
4 :
www.creditinfocenter.com you're being ripped off. Send a validation letter.