Friday, April 1, 2011

What do you consider preppy when it comes to fashion???

What do you consider preppy when it comes to fashion???
I only consider Ralph Lauren, J. Press, Brooks Brothers, and J. Crew preppy. A&F, AE, and Hollister are sooo unflattering and beach-bummy to the point its like you paid how much for that and you still look like crap. I seriously don't get it...if you are gonna spend some money on clothes why do you wanna look like a walking billboard instead of making a statement and letting your clothes be a reflection of yourself. Now granted I make good $$$, 70k/yr., and like to spend money to look good, but really whats the appeal of faux-preppy brands??? Are teenagers so hung up on $ that they feel they need to keep up with the Jones when it comes to fashion, or do you guys and girl just have no taste at all???
Fashion & Accessories - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
school-girl outfits and argyle sweaters
2 :
i dont think those stores are THAT preppy, and i kinda like guys that wear abercrombie, ae, a&f, and stores like that. i think that guys dont think that they are preppy, maybe you just have a different opinion
3 :
Meh, just because they buy shirts for 50$ it makes them feel cool? I have no idea... I'd rather buy some hemp shorts for 50$!
4 :
I think the big thing with the whole "PREP" look is how much you spend. Like you said Ralph Lauren, and i am not familiar with the others you have mentioned. I personally like Lacoste J.Lindenberg , hugo boss and others such as these.
5 :
Well i consider J.crew, Lacoste, burberry, Ralph Lauren etc.. a classic preppy and Hollister, A&F, AE etc a nouvelle prep look. with me being 13 i do find my self wearing hollister and american eagle however most of my shirts are J.Crew, vineyard vines, Raulf Lauren, Lacoste, Banana Republic etc... so i consider my self to be a classic prep (wich is rare in my age group and throught the americas) but as i mentioned above i do wear hollister at the beach and AE at soccer practice. But as for keeping up with the Jones some of hollisters/ae shirts are nice and suited for the beach or sporting activities however i outwardly hate A&F for being ridicously overpriced and of poor quality so i do not like there clothes. And i do agree that they are un flattering im 5'6'' 150 lbs with a 33'' waist and a AE polo i have makes me look fat and the same goes for a hollister t shirt they are not made for regular sized people i do lots of weights so my arms are bigger and i need to alter hollister tees to stop them from cutting off circulation.
6 :
Ralph Lauren- Polo, Purple Label, Black Label, RL Collection is more edgy although I am not familiar with that line very well. Brooks Brothers* That's the original, after all RL wanted to be like them. Lacoste, before 2000. Now it's ruined by rappers.