Sunday, August 1, 2010

American Eagle?(store not airline)?

American Eagle?(store not airline)?
Who agrees that AE makes more money then abercrombie and hollister because the people who cant fit into abercrombie and hollister (like myself) shop at AE so AE gets more moneyy?!?! is that why Abercrombie's clothes are so expensive??
Fashion & Accessories - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
not really... some people say oh american eagle is affordable but actually i think some of their stuff is more overpriced than abercrombie.
2 :
that's a good idea.
3 :
Absolutely agree. The abercrombie company is made up of a bunch rich ass bitches with a stick up their ass. They wanna make their stuff seem high fashion when in fact their clothes are crappy and have a repeating , never changing style and collections.
4 :
No. Abercrombies clothes are just cuter. Dont get me wrong, I shop at AE too but I have to say I like hollister and a and fs clothes a lot more
5 :
Hey, you have a point there. I did notice that American Eagle's sizes are a bit bigger than abercrombie and Hollister's. I can't fit into their cute jeans!!! Darn! Also, AE has more sales/clearances. Don't forget the All-Access Pass! People want to get more points, so, they shop more. I have one, and it really motivates me...somehow, I still like A&F and HCO more...and PINK by Victoria's Secret! I'm obsessed with it. I guess I'm just another one of those preppy girls. Oh well. Bye and I hope this helps you!
6 :
I think AE maybe does make more money than Abercrombie because more people do shop at AE. Abercrombie's cloth are really cute but not worth the price. I can actually but a genuine designer such as Ralph Lauren with the 39.99 for a polo shirt in Abercrombie. If you can afford it, great. If you think it's really just not worth it then just don't shop there. Personally , I think their high price is not a result of the lack of people shopping there rather than the people that they direct their products at. They aim their market at the affulents and the Laguna-Beach-like people.
7 :
From CEO of Abercrombie "It's almost everything. That's why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don't market to anyone other than that." As far as Jeffries is concerned, America's unattractive, overweight or otherwise undesirable teens can shop elsewhere. "In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids," he says. "Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Thats why.