Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HELP! NVQ UK or SAUDI? what are the chances of a fresh grad nurse now?

HELP! NVQ UK or SAUDI? what are the chances of a fresh grad nurse now?
I am one of those unemployed fresh grad nurses here in the Philippines who strives to have an experience in a hospital or clinic. Volunteer work is harder to find now after the issue/ complaint of paying volunteer/training fees in a hospital. Now Im a hopeless pathetic fresh graduate nurse who looks for a job(may it be volunteer or paid work), for an agency or for a backer who has a strong position in a hospital u want to work with. Im so disappointed on how Philippines hire "qualified nurses" nowadays. You have to be "who knows who". Im sick and tired of this crap! These so-so nurses are getting hired just because their aunts or uncles are sweating their *ss just to have their nieces or nephews get hired in the same hospital they're working with! Unfair to those genuine, SKILLED, brainy nurses who best fit the requirements of the hospitals. Well, that's just a part of my pathetic situation now. My parents are not forcing me to work but my ego and my responsibility as a child to work for them or to somehow show myself that I have achieved something is killing me! That's an achievement for me---work! THIS IS MY PROBLEM NOW! Ive spent my days looking for a legal agency (with POEA license numbers). I came down to 2 agencies now from hundreds that I've set my foot in. WHew! Agency A is offering me a job in Saudi Arabia as a real nurse working in a real Hospital but the problem is they will have to "edit" my transcript of records. Making my 2010 graduation date to 2008 for me to be fit of having a fake 2 year experience. There will be under the table process. The agency officer knows that this is an illegal activity though they have POEA license. We had a discussion and I think the girl makes sense when she said" what are u goin to do here in the Philippines? Hospitals are over staffed and volunteer work is too hard to find unless youre going to work in a remote province. We are trying to help those hopeless nursing students and besides u will undergo trainings there in Saudi before you start to work. And also, you have your 2 year ojt way back in college right? ---- well, it sounds encouraging, trying to help me but im pretty scared about the "editing thing". Agency B is giving NVQ student visa to UK. I'll work there in a nursing home while studying. Ill be paying 3000 pounds. Half of it will be paid here in the Philippines but if you really dont have the money, you'll have to have loan. But wait theres more! aside from it you'll have to pay a staggering 310,000 pesos plus the interest rate of the show money which amounts to 550 k. I dont have 550 k thats why ill have to loan and pay the interest rate of it. Researching about NVQ gives me the nerve! Lots of negative comments that would really help me decide which is which. They said that NVQ student there suffered a lot. NVQ's are underpaid, treated badly, etc. And aside from these exploitations, expenses there are way too high that u cant even save money for yourself and let your family back home send money for you to survive. Oh my gosh! I have a question what are the chances of me getting employed there as a nurse after finishing the NVQ course, i mean i dont have hospital experience, Im just a fresh grad nurse with no choice but to go pathetic to agencies. Is there a possibility that ill be a nurse there after being NVQ? Are u seeing some heaven after you've worked and study ur ass out for two years? Do you think i might be able to survive for about 6 pounds per hour with a limit of 20 hours per week? Please do help me.. am i going to Agency a or B? i dont like to work for other field not related to healthcare like call centers as this is not my cup of tea. Help and maybe we cud be friends and talk it over the line. I cud give my numbers to you. I just want to know the real advice whether u want to say it rudely or nicely. Please post ur advices here asap coz the agencies dont stop bugging me. So im thinking for it so bad! Coz i dont want to regret that Ive lost my opportunity. Thanks people. Ill be very thankful for your help!
Other - Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
NVQ in the UK is ok to boost your education but not if you are a fully qualified nurse. You could not survive on £6 per hour working 20 hours per week because that is £120 which is not enough to survive on as rent etc is very expensive, my weekly rent for my flat/apartment is £68, council tax is £20 per week and electricity is £25 per week. Unemployment here in the UK is high and most of the UK recently graduated nurses are unemployed and for any job that is advertised there is up to 2000 people applying for it so I am not being rude but I think we have enough unemployment problems for the British person without people like yourself adding to it. I cant comment of Agency A because I done know anything about them but it doesn't sound legal or secure. Good Luck.