Monday, October 14, 2013

Why does every american think that muslims are terrorists.?

Why does every american think that muslims are terrorists.?
not everyone but most do, and it pisses me off. look i'm 16 and i've been asked things like "are you gonna blow me up?" (get your mind outta the gutter, not that kind) "Are you a terrorist" "Are you friends with Alqida" "do you own bombs" stuff like that. I mean come on. my people are effing poor, not every arab/muslim country is as rich as Saudi Arabia, and Dubi. We dont have money to make weapons to defend ourselves. (not me but the people living oversees) Why??? AMERICA AND ISRAEL are killing them.
Religion & Spirituality - 33 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
WE DON'T.
2 :
Well muslims sure don't help their cause by continually shouting hatred and death threats on western countries...
3 :
people are scared
4 :
you generalize.
5 :
FOX NEWS
6 :
Fox News keeps perpetrating that lie.
7 :
That's not true. I know plenty of people who don't believe that, and I don't either. But I know what you're saying... Too many Americans are prejudiced against what they don't understand. I am sorry that you have to go through this all the time.
8 :
this reminds me of something i read the other day, it said that americans acting like every muslim is a terrorist would be like the rest of the world acting like all americans are the way they are on the show Jersey Shore
9 :
Why do people in other countries think most Americans are alike? We are all individuals with different ideas about lots of things.
10 :
I was planning to ask this Persian girl I've seen if she was planning to steal uranium from Australia.
11 :
We are wrong for stereotyping yet you stereotype us.
12 :
you are not a terrorist, but you are a terrorism justifier most muslims appear to be, and the rest are terrorists
13 :
I'm an American and I sure don't think every Muslim is a terrorist.
14 :
How about this. I know that not every Muslim is a terrorist but most are, and it pisses me off. Welcome to the wonderful world of sweeping generalizations. You made them. I made them. But guess what ? Every Muslim supports Islam. Is it OK with you if I judge your ideology ? It sucks. First off, it's an Abrahamic day dream. Unproven and complete rubbish. Grow up and join the modern world, a place where rape victims aren't supposed to be stoned to death and where it's OK to be gay and it's OK for women to dress how they damn well please. Second, it's the source of a whole lot of atrocity. And that's not just 'a few radical Muslims'. That's whole countries of Muslims. The people overseas don't have money to make weapons ? How does that justify terrorism ? How does it justify terrorism against people in groups who've never done anything to you ? Once again, your total divorce from reality land, typical of Abrahamic thumpers, does not serve you. America and Israel are killing who ? The Palestinians ? Hey, they kinda bring that on themselves. As for the Americans, we're just supporting Israel, a tiny little country. There are only 16 million or so Jews in the world. There are @ 1.6 billion Muslims. Are they that big a thorn in your side ? Just stop shooting rockets at them. And how does that justify Muslims who aren't from Palestine (not even a real country but hey, whatever), 1) killing infidels b/c they're infidels, 2) raping women b/c they're not 'properly covered up', 3) killing their own kids for 'honor', 4) killing other Muslims. Yeah, you guys blow each other up. It's no surprise that you also blow up people who aren't even Muslims. And Muslims do this practically every fucking day. Why ? B/c Islam supports terrorism. Obviously. Unless you think there are Jews with "Mind Control Rays" lurking behind every corner or something. Is that facetious ? Not really, considering what else you believe in. 21st century. Join it.
15 :
B/c the illuminati rules all the media and choose what to show. They want people to see us as that so they can believe that was Islam is. Which is totally the opposite
16 :
Christians think they can start a war against you so they don't feel that their religion is threatened by your beliefs. Sorry.
17 :
they do not 9/11 fabrication
18 :
Many bought into the 9/11 terror terror terror theme.
19 :
I wish I could give you a suitable answer. I was born in Karachi, Pakistan, my family lived there for three years and they made many Muslim friends. We then lived in Doha, Qatar for five years and in both places we found the Muslim population warm and friendly. Of course there are bad apples like there are in any ethnicity. I can only assume that poor media has brainwashed a large population of the U.S. against Muslims/Arabs. Sadly it is called ignorance. Tragically it isn't just the U.S. where this blind ignorance exists. German's Angela Merkel has cited that multiculturalism doesn't work in Germany, the same for England by David Cameron. Many European countries politics have taken a steep turn to extreme right wing idealogies which puerile beliefs are against Muslims and other immigrants.
20 :
Because GW Bush and his ilk pushed that idea on us. The best way to control people and get them to give up their rights is to create a common enemy, make everyone afraid of them (rational or not), and then pretend the government is the only one who can protect you from them. It made it easier to declare war on Muslim countries with no just cause whatsoever. It's the same thing Hitler did with the Jews. But it's not all Americans. Sadly, a very vocal group is representing us in the press and making us look like ignorant idiots. People in this country are largely ignorant about non-Christian religions. They think that because a handful of people did a criminal act, all Muslims are terrorists. But when you try to use the same example with Christian terrorists, well then it's a different thing. It's very sad. We need to teach people about the Muslim faith. And other faiths as well. People don't want to get to know Muslims as individuals, they want to see them as a group and condemn them all by the acts of a few. And people don't want to know. That's what's really sad. They don't want to understand what Muslims are about, they would rather listen to the rantings of the ignorant right wing media.
21 :
Because the moderate Mahometans do not object loudly enough to the extremists.
22 :
Most? I know a lot of people, and I can't think of more than a handful of them who think that. The answer is that you're 16...you're going to hear a lot of stupid things from other 16 year-olds, who are not notable either for their tact or their coherent take on the world, and who think that saying outrageous, if not downright rude or stupid things, is somehow funny. Some kids will try to find something they can pick on about you, no matter what it is. I'm not Muslim, but I have red hair, I wore glasses as a teenager, and I wasn't thin as a rail in high school, and I heard an awful lot of stupid questions about all three of those things from people trying to be clever and make me feel worse so they could feel better about themselves. People grow up. Don't worry about it too much.
23 :
I'm tempted to say that it's because islam is a more primitive superstition that christianity, which is quite a feat. But more likely it's due to the "availabiltiy heuristic", which is to say that the example of something that comes to mind is the example they've seen the most of - which is why many americans think flying is more dangerous than driving, when it's the exact opposite, purely because more sensational, memorable examples of airplane crashes are presented by the media than car crashes. Yeah, besides religious prejudice, this is the most likely answer.
24 :
Experience. Sorry. Somebody who looks just like you will be the next one arrested with weapons and a plan. How are we supposed to know it's not you?
25 :
I understand that most muslims are not terrorists, but I also understand that most of the terrorists who are alive and active today are muslims.
26 :
That would be from Beck and his paranoid delusional Caliphic takeover...what a fascist he is. The religious right is brainwashed into it. Don't worry, they are a minority just very negatively vocal
27 :
Fox News.
28 :
I don't think that every Muslim is a terrorist. I know that a very, very small portion of the Muslim/Arab population is a terrorist. They are human beings and for the most part just like anyone else. I have several Muslim friends and it upsets me when people generalize. Not all of us think that you are terrorists, but too many do.
29 :
Blessings. Because they do not realized that there are good and bad Muslims . Just like all over the World we have good and bad people. But the main problem is that most people are afraid of Muslims, because of the things people says about them, we can blame the media for this. I don't think that all muslims are Terrorists. I enjoyed all of my muslims friends they respect me and i respect them.
30 :
It would probably help your standing if more of the moderate Muslims would speak out against the radicals. But they don't and quietly accept what it is. Those few extremist are tainting the rest of you and you are letting it happen by not speaking out against it. Honestly, What are we supposed to think already? Women, children, mentally deficient people, what ever; strapped up with bombs. The extremist have done an excellent job instilling fear in everyone. Isn't that their goal? They have done a great job. And just like in Egypt, it will be the youth who will rise up against. We'll see. Everyone is too afraid.
31 :
I have this to say to you, my friend. I live in the United States, in Tennessee to be more precise. If you live in this country and are anywhere near me or will be, let me know when and the coffee will be on, pop in the "make yourself at home" refrigerator and the welcome mat is out. Need a place to sleep overnight? I have extra pillows. Not from this country but you someday get the chance to visit? Let me know when you are coming and I will throw you such a welcome party that you will be hugging everyone before you leave, and you will not be leaving friends behind, you will be leaving family behind. Peace *********** Answer to your question. It pisses me off as well. Why do so many feel that way? There are so many reasons people feel that way but it boils down to just two basic things, fear and ignorance. But we were not born into fear and ignorance can be overcome. By the by, my invitation was a serious one. Don't believe me? Put me to the test!
32 :
Wow. That's immature that people have said things like that to you. I'm sorry if you were offended. I think that 9/11 just pissed us Americans off so much that we are really defensive now. I personally don't think that every Muslim person is a terrorist and that thought doesn't even cross my mind when I see a Muslim person. Americans are just upset about 9/11.
33 :
Why Do You Think EVERY American Thinks That Every Muslim Is A Terrorist?